My first practice was last night. I wore my Riedell Carrera skates instead of the potato skin rentals for the first time (on the rink). Man are they slick. I worked on balance and endurance for half an hour before practice actually began. I did 10 laps in the time that the others did 20, lol. I definitely need to work on speed. Honestly, I'm just glad that I didn't fall down. I also need to pick up my pads this weekend because w/o them I cannot advance.
We spent an hour in the "kiddie pool" w/ q & a, learning to keep our knees bent and T stops... I felt really left out that I couldn't advance since I didn't have the pads. 3/4 of the new girls where learning knee stops and advancing more quickly.
While observing it makes me feel farther behind which in turn makes me realize how much harder I need to push myself to try and catch up. One of my favorite phrases is: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky In order for me to catch up and/or advance after I get my pads I will need to go to more practices. The free practices are Sunday morning and Thursday evenings. Every Wednesday its a $5 fee. This means I will be missing church on Sundays for awhile. You get out of it what you put in it and I need to put up more than 60%.
Saturday I am going to Skate Bomb at the beaches to get fitted for my knee pads. Most of the girls go there and we get a discount :)
Until then, I will push off, T stop, push off, T stop until I can drop n stop.
Lace up & roll out!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment